Sorry we’ve been a bit quiet on the web lately but as you can see a lot has been going on -
In the Last 12 months………….
- October 2015 first meeting of Cross Party Group (CPG) on Skin at Welsh Assembly that had been established by us earlier in 2015. Attended by 30 delegates including Assembly Members, health care professionals, pharmaceutical representatives and other charities in the sector.
- October 2015 fund raising event held in Bridgend.
- December 2015 completed scoping report, “Prioritising Skin Health in Wales”
- January 2016 published and distributed scoping report throughout Wales to Area Health Boards, health care professionals and members of the Welsh Assembly and Government.
- Distributed a total of £1,200 in grants and awards to medical students.
- Put on a swimming event, “Comfortable in My Skin” at the National Pool in Swansea.
- Obtained support from pharmaceutical companies to fund a part time administrator who also provides the secretariat to CPG.
- October 2016 first meeting of CPG of the new Welsh Assembly who were elected in May.
- Commenced programme to erect “Sun Cream Signs” in 2017 at beaches to highlight the dangers of skin cancer.
THANKS TO ALL OUR FOLLOWERS FOR YOUR CONTINUED SUPPORT!!!!